Tuesday, June 17, 2014

My Makeup Musts When I'm Sick...

These past few days I've been sick.

I was not feeling well, my temperature was fluctuating from 34ºC to 38ºC (93F to 100F). I tried to stay at home, rest, getting better and go out only when highly required. 

And it was when I had to leave home that I needed to look presentable and better than I was. I had to cheat that I was feeling good when I was not!! So I had to play with some makeup to achieve that.

My must have products to look better when I am (I was) sick:

1- A light texture BB cream. I've been using my  L'Oreal Nude Magique BB Cream. It's lightweight and it evens out my complexion. It moisturizes your skin and has some SPF in it. 

BB Nude Magique Piel clara media

2- Concealer: My go to concealer these days has been the Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer for under circles, skin imperfections and to slightly highlight my cheekbones. Also used on my eyelids to even out that area.


3- Blush and Bronzer: This is a must for me if I don't want to look washed out. I find that some color on my faces really makes me look healthier.
The blush I've been using these days has been my MAC Alluring Aquatic Extra Dimension Blush in Sea Me, Hear Me.This looks like my natural blush and really makes me look healthy.
The bronzer I've been using is my Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer. This bronzer is a tad bit light for me right now, but it has been my go to bronzer during the winter months. I cannot use it right now because I've gained some color (even though I've been indoors and wearing SPF when outside) but those days when I was sick, this shade was enough for me. 

MAC Cosmetics: Alluring Aquatic Extra Dimension Blush in Sea Me, Hear Me 

4- Mascara: This step really made me look more awake! Somedays I used an eyelash curler + mascara and other days I just put some mascara on and nothing else. Since before that I applied some concealer to my eyelids, those looked slightly healthy. The mascara was just to define my eyes some more. 
The mascara that I used was my Maybelline Colossal Volum Express Waterproof mascara. You can find my review here.

 

5- Lip balm. A must if your lips feel swallen. I have two options here:

Option 1- When I don't feel good I really don't want to wear any makeup at all, but if I need to look presentable, I have to. So, for those days when i really don't want much on my face, I just use any chapstick I happend to have handy. Any Nivea or Liposan lipbalm will do. I've applied also Rose Hip balm (the one that I have is also bood for your nostrils when they feel raw) from Repavar

img-BÁLSAMO
Option 2- I find that some color on my lips really helps making me look healty. The colors that look nice on my lips must not be nude, other wise I look even sicker. I've been using my Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me! to give me some nice color, Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Heftiest Hibiscus and my Bourjois Lipstick Color Boost in 01 Red Sunrise. All those shades make me look better, and on days when my eyes looked specially small and didn't want to draw any atencion to them, those shades were my best option.

Baby Lips®Chubby Stick Intense Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm


What are your best friends to make you look better when you're sick??

Thanks for reading!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gracias por tu mensaje!
Thanks for your message!

Related Posts
Blogging tips